What is different about PlugSafe™ and TreeSafe™ from traditional alarms?
The difference with our system is that you can place our sensor unit directly where most fires begin – in the kitchen, laundry room and electrical outlets. The sensor then signals the remote alarm which is in a safe location. The alarm will continue to sound even after the sensor unit is destroyed by the flames and heat. And, unlike traditional smoke alarms, PlugSafe™ and TreeSafe™ detect heat not smoke which eliminates false alarms that you get when smoke in your kitchen causes your alarm to go off.
Where should I use PlugSafe™ and TreeSafe™?
The TreeSafe™ ornament is hung in the middle of the Christmas tree. PlugSafe™ should be plugged into outlets in areas where fires most usually occur – in the kitchen near microwaves, toasters and other appliances; rooms with computers and TV’s and laundry rooms. PlugSafe™ should also be used in the nursery.
What happens if PlugSafe™ and TreeSafe™ melt?
Our proprietary wireless solution on the sensor unit signals the remote alarm in literally a nano-second upon detecting a rapid rise in heat levels. So, even once the sensor has been destroyed the alarm will continue to sound.
Does this take the place of my other smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors?
We recommend keeping your smoke and CO detectors as mandated for basic fire and poisonous gas protection. Our system is to be used in addition and offers the highest level of protection from fire available!